“Accuracy Obligation” Singapore PDPA Preventive measure 9 Obligations to follow PDPA (No.5)
5th Obligation (5/9)
What is Accuracy Obligation ?
Accuracy itself means the quality or state of being correct or precise. As for Accuracy obligation, PDPC states that “Make reasonable effort to ensure that personal data collected by or on behalf of your organization is accurate and complete, if it is likely to be used to make a decision that affects the individual, or if it is likely to be disclosed to another organization.” (quoted from PDPC website)
When oblige to Accuracy Obligation?
- Personal data that is likely to be used by the organization to make a decision that affects the individual to whom the personal data relates
- Personal data that is likely to be disclosed by the organization to another organization
What are some of the steps to be taken ?
- Organization needs take reasonable steps to check the accuracy and completeness of an individual’s personal data.
- Ask for supporting documents such as IC , letters or documents of proof of the information.
- At the end of the form, you may ask the applicant to declare that the information provided is accurate and complete.
If you do have further enquiries about this obligation, feel free to contact MAMORU Singapore.